Back to Kuwait forum

How good is 1700kd salary?

Posted in Kuwait forum

Hi.. All!
Some of you might have read my previous post about being offered USD 6K salary. now that offer is almost out of the question for some reasons that i cant mention here!. But I have got another offer from PACE Kuwait. They have offered me 1700kd as salary. plus they are providing an SUV, sim card. House and other expenses are on me.! They will provide me the visa and one ticket every year. Now our first kid's birth is round the corner. How would you guys rate this salary given my circumstances?

Please be open in your comments and suggestions..!

Cheers!

• Go to Nancy Jones's profile

posted by  in Kuwait forum 

That's a great idea. Personally I use Earn Honey to making money from home and it's fully free . Sign up here to know more : http://bit.ly/1IGxnM5 ...

• Go to Mac Jones's profile

Awesome post! I have to say, most of the survey sites I do surveys with are really good but I have noticed that a lot of them are fake. I came across another survey site that is Earn Honey is an authentic and unique paid site..

• Go to Abhishek Suraj's profile

PACE is a very good company to be working for.
    But the fact that they are providing you with only a SUV, ticket and SIM doesn't seem too good. Because most companies in Kuwait who employ engineers generally offer a car, accommodation/rent , school fees (may vary) etc.
    Major % of income generally goes into house rent and children school fees in Kuwait. There's no need to worry about fuel expenses cause per liter of fuel costs less than a bag of chips!
    House rent in Salmiya (The area in Kuwait with 75% of its population as Indians) is at an average of 300kd.
    And school fees in an Indian school is around KD150 per 3 months and over the years as your child will reach the 9th grade and if he/she starts to go for tuition's, then the tuition fees are fixed at a rate of 20KD per month for 1 subject, but for 11th and 12th it increases to 25kd/month.
    1700 KD a month is really good but if you would like some more benefits in your lifestyle then try finding a job in more successful and renowned companies like: Tamdeen , Al-Shaya , Alghanim & Sons etc etc
    And i would recommend:
    1. Renting an apartment in Salmiya
    2. Indian Community School of Kuwait -- This a highly recommended school which offers the best in education at a very low cost
    This school has 4 branches in and around Kuwait: Amman*, Khaitan, Senior*, Junior* .
    i would recommend the Amman Branch, this branch has classes from KG to 10th and then students are shifted to the Senior branch (which is close to Amman) where the student can continue his/her 11th and 12th.
    There are around 8-12 Indian schools in Salmiya, so finding a perfect one which fits your conditions wont be a problem!
    3. And finally if you are planning to buy a brand new car for yourself then for starters i would recommend a Toyota because the resale value later on is very high (especially on the Land Cruiser models) !

I hope this was helpful :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------
    * Amman, senior and junior are schools all within Salmiya itself !

• 3dwalk through

Hi.. All! Some of you might have read my previous post about being offered USD 6K salary.

http://3d-walkthrough-rendering.outsourcing-services-india.c
    om

• Amrit Minhas

Thank you guys for enlightening me on this issue. I am awaiting approval of my CV from Ministry Of Works, Kuwait. Once approved, Visa process will start. Can anybody suggest me if i need to prepare something on my side? Any special clearances/attestations needed to be taken care of?
    Regards

• posted by  in Kuwait forum 

Hi mate
    U think this offer will be good
    As for housing u can spent from 250 to 500
    Food u can reach 150 up and down
    Car rent or buy not that much expensive

• Go to Shisha Shisha's profile

Is your wife planning on coming to Kuwait? Will the company prepare her visa? The birth of your first child I take it will be back home and not in Kuwait? Health insurance will be taken care of for you?

The package seems fine if you are coming alone-- rent will cost about 300 KD per month in a 1-bedroom in Salmiya in a nicer area-- 2-bedroom: 370 KD and up. Groceries for one person -- 150 KD -- that's if you cook at home. Approximate gas for SUV if you drive on average 40 km/day will set you back only 15 kd a month.

Your salary is pretty good -- considering they set you up with a car already-- the average Western teacher here makes 800-1000KD per month with housing but no car, one ticket a year and if they negotiate beforehand a ticket for the spouse. It's a great salary for a single person with no debt so they have ample savings. However, if they have family here with them and want savings-- it's a tight budget.

• Go to Francisco Fernandez's profile

I have a family of 4 and the monthly expenses for groceries, gas and occasional outing are about KD500.

I'd say your salary is good unless you are looking to retire in the next few years.

Just watch it for restaurant outings, tend to get expensive.

• Amrit Minhas

Thanks for the inputs.. Would you pls elaborate a bit on the expected expenses, savings etc.

Cheers!

• shabi abbas

hi, I am an indian you are busy please give my email address as [...] to them amd help me to go kuwait. I am having an obsession of going to kuwait
    friend

Post a reply